Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

What are the first signs of dementia

Customer Question

What are the first signs of dementia
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Though memory loss generally occurs in dementia, memory loss alone doesn't mean you have dementia, and there is a certain extent of memory loss that is a normal part of aging. Dementia includes memory loss and impaired judgment or language, and the inability to perform some daily activities. Basically in Alzheimer’s disease (AD) which is the most common cause of a progressive dementiat here is a characteristic pattern, which begins with memory impairment and progressing to language and visuospatial deficits. However in 20% of patients with AD there are nonmemory complaints such as word-finding, organizational, or navigational difficulty.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. you have put my mind at rest. perhaps I am just overtired , I have had a lot of worries, and was on holiday after travelling for several hours since returning home, I have not had a problem
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Then this is most likely due to the stress. Hence no need to worry about such occasional and single events of difficulty in recall, since it happens to all of us.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with a positive rating.

Thanks.