Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I'm having flushing that last hours. I'm also getting hot

Customer Question

I'm having facial flushing that last hours. I'm also getting hot spots under my armpits and the right upper abdomen; feels like a could fry an egg there.
I also have some lower abdominal issues, sore and inconsistent BMs. On top of it all I'm low energy, having some heart palpitations and anxiety.
I had a glass of wine last night and my head just about caught on fire and went very red.
I've been to the doctor and blood/urine came back negative. Have not seen a specialist. Is this urgent enough I should go to emergency?
Thanks,
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I do not believe, from what you have posted, that you need to go to the ER right now. However since I can not examine you, if are worried, going to the ER is the safest thing to do....

So, what should you do next in order to get to the bottom of what is going on? I think I can point you in the right direction. Please allow me to explain:

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS