Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have prostate cancer,doing everything natural.I am holding

Customer Question

I have prostate cancer,doing everything natural.I am holding my own for over five years. For the past six weeks I have swelling of the foreskin of my penis,and now it going down my legs and ankles. Some days are worse than others. I have been on the essential oil protical since this past june. Bud wig protical. Why the swelling?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor

your prostate cancer has spread to pelvic and inguinal lymph nodes and cause the lymph nodes there not to be able to filter lymphatic fluid coming up from your legs.

that is why you are having edema and swelling of your penis and legs and ankles.

you need blood testing to check your PSA levels, I bet it is very very high.

you need to see a conventional cancer doctor to put you on anti-testosterone therapy to stop the growth of your prostate cancer

radiation oncology doctors can give you pelvic radiation therapy to kill the cancer in your pelvic and inguinal lymph nodes

this will help the lymph nodes filter the lymphatic fluid from your legs better

and help decrease the swelling

you also need to start elevating your legs up above your heart when you are sitting down to let gravity help pull out the fluid out of your leg.

compression stockings can help squeeze fluid out of your leg as well

let me know if you have questions.