Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My granddaughter is 7 years old and has celiac desease. Her

Customer Question

My granddaughter is 7 years old and has celiac desease. Her immune system is very poor. She catches everything. My daughter is at her wits end. Her daughter is sick all the time. She's had her to a specialist in gastro, and she tested her and is positive for celiac. Is there some she could do or give her to prevent her from being sick all the time? She's on a gluten free diet, however, she cheats and sometimes eats things she shouldn't. My daughter lives in Lorain Ohio. Please if there is something you could offer her to help her daughter get better, we would appreciate it.
I forget to say, my granddaughter is not growing very much. I think it's part of her desease.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your granddaughter.

everyone in the family have to wash their hands frequently like when they come back come from being outside and they should take off their clothes they wear outdoors and put on clean clothes inside.

germs and viruses are often spread on the hands.

shoes should be taken off at the door. dirt and germs are often brought into the home on the soles of outdoor shoes.

probiotics in her diet can help improve her GI immune system.

but these are measures her parents and all of her family members have to participate in

I hope no one smokes in the home. smoking is very irritating and can weaken the immune system as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need an immune doctor in her area, so that she could take her there and get a complete evaluation as to what else she can do for her. Please understand these is of great importance. Sincerely, ***** ***** (her mom). Her moms email address is***@******.***
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

Westshore Allergy & Immunology Doctor 28871 Center Ridge Rd # ***** Westlake, OH 44145(###) ###-####/p>

MetroHealth Allergy Clinic Hospital***** Cleveland, OH 44109 metrohealth.org(###) ###-####/p>

here are some options.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com