Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Dear Dr, I have always had trouble with noise and it bothers

Customer Question

Dear Dr, I have always had trouble with noise and it bothers me tremendously. traffic noise especially now. I started taking evening primrose oil a few weeks ago and have been extremely short tempered and get angry a lot. Noise is bothering me even more.
The short temperment and anger is unlike me. I feel like I have to make sure I do not flip out and I am not like this. I read it is a side effect of primrose oil. Will this go away? How can I get my system to balance out again or go back to normal? Thank you,
Elizabeth
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

It will go away , as long as you don't take the oil.

Fish oil might help counteract the effects faster.

Evening primrose can be pro inflammatory, despite what is written about it.

Fish oil is anti inflammatory.

You should have a full ENT exam to make sure your hearing is OK.

Your doctor also needs to be involved, and therapy for the noise sensitivity can be considered.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

OK, so that is an initial answer….