Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I 't have insurance and I have ADD and was wondering if

Customer Question

Hi I don't have insurance and I have ADD and was wondering if their is any where I could find a DR online who could treat me. I was seeing a Doctor who was treating me but I don't have insurance and am unable to continue seeing him. I have tried various natural substitutes and no tropics and I am really struggling because none of them are helping me. I am currently looking for work and am going back to college next month and I am a mess I can focus I am distracted and my mind wonders and its hard to focus and complete tasks. I am constantly losing things and really struggling.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

No, you really have to BE SEEN in an office face to face with a doctor to be treated. The treatment of ADD would be in particular sensitive to regulations restricting most of the prescription medications for this condition. (Adderall and Ritalin for example are among the most regulated by the DEA..)

You may find some help with a simple over the counter medication which would share many properties with the stimulant drugs for ADD >> caffeine. You may try an over the counter product such as Vivarin for example. These are usually 200mg tablets. You might try 2 of the 200mg tablets with breakfast and again two with lunch. You may find that these may be also helpful for you to be alert and focused. avoid taking late in the evening or it may cause insomnia ... watch for other adverse side effects as you would with any other medicine...

I hope that this is helpful for you. let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you!If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Let me know if I may be of further service to you! Best Regards!