Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am 28 years old, and the only thing i have been diagnosed

Customer Question

I am 28 years old, and the only thing i have been diagnosed with is fibrous dysplasia. For a few years ( forgive me, i can't remember exactly how many years) i have periodically had an issue, where when i take a deep breath or exhale hard, my left mid chest has a sharp pain. Most of the time when i inhale hard enough it will sort of pop, then be fine. Could that be severe? Also, in about the past two weeks, in about the same spot, my chest will, in a way, ache, and my left hand/wrist, and upper arm will also ache. Heart problems, and cancer VERY much run in all sides of my family. just a little worried, and wanted an opinion, before i go see a Dr. Thank you very much.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

I understand your concerns.

But you are young at age--cancer and heart disease are not common for your age.

Periodic symptoms are not typical with serious underlying condition.

The oxygenation will progressively worsen.

That will manifest as persistent worsening o breathing, not being able to walk around for doing routine activities even.

On the other hand, your current symptoms can be explained by the muscle stiffness, spasms.

Overuse related and relative weakness from lack of exercise can make chest, back and wrist muscles weak and more prone to these symptoms over sustained activities.

You should still see your doctor for clinical evaluation, chest xrays, ekg for further reassurance.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/