Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have reis stage 2 leukemia, and and the middle of the back

Customer Question

Customer: I have reis stage 2 leukemia, and and the middle of the back right side of my head seems swollen, and it hurts, having kept me up all night. The same situation occurred 3 years ago, and led to the diagnosis of leukemia, after blood was drawn.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I am being seen by Adrian Wiestner's CLL team at NIH. I had been going every 3 months, now every 6 months. The bad cells are increasing at a rate of 35%+/- per annum. My hemoglobin, and other good cells are low normal to normal. I am wondering if a new burst of bad activity is going on... I just saw the team in early September, and am due to return in March.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I guess. How much is less. I consider myself fortunate to have gotten on with NIH, for I am not well heeled.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Any change of symptoms and increase in symptoms need to be reported to your team.

I am not sure you have had an increase in symptoms from your description.

Your labs are stable from what you are telling me.

So I see no reason that you would think there is a burst of bad activity.

It sounds like you are stable.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.