Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

My name is ***** ***** and I have a question regarding

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I have a question regarding getting a small object out of my rectum.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was trying to use a small anal plug and I think it may have gone inside. Honestly, I don't feel anything, but I couldn't find it anywhere and I'm honestly not sure, which I realize sounds ridiculous.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $34) to post your type of question to Medical Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm not in a rush.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking a question in Just answer. I'm Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, and I will be helping you today. This is a common complaint people present with. Don't worry about it. I can guide you the approach.

The first point is you are saying, you are not sure of the thing if it is inside! You mean to say it came out and you missed its presence? or it is inside but couldn't feel it? In any ways, these points could help you.

1. If you are sure that if it is inside, and you could feel it with your fingers, you can try slowly taking out.
  2. If you feel that is inside and cannot be approached by fingers, you can take 2 dulcolax tablets [not suppositories here], along with a bulk forming agent like miralax, and wait for it to come out. Drink plenty of fluids
  3. If these measures doesn't workout for 24 hours and you have the same sensation, I suggest you to contact a Surgeon, or go to ER, as the doctor might examine you and can find out if the object is present or not. If present it can be taken with the help of local anaesthetic or they can try with relaxants that can open the anal sphincter under sedation.

The above are the various options I discussed. Each one works for each patient.

Hope these points based on my exprience are helpful. Your feedback and ratings are very valuable. You can continue the discussion any time even after the feedback.

Wish you speedy recovery.

Regards

Dr Chaithanya