Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have a concern Back in April of 2014 I felt a lump in my

Customer Question

Hi I have a concern Back in April of 2014 I felt a lump in my axillary lymph nodes I went to my primary doctor and they sent me for imaging they found a lymph node seen in my right axillary measuring 1.8x1.4 0.6 cm and they found another one next to that
one measuring 1.2x1.4 05 cm The findings came back with no suspicious nodules or seen two benign appearing lymph nodes are seen in the axilla The findings came back with no suspicious nodules or seem two benign appearing lymph nodes are seen in the axilla.
They also put the benign findings (Bi-rads 2) so at that point my primary doctor wasn't concerned , but I was so I did some blood work though walk n labs when i got the test results back so May 2015 I grew really concerned because my lymph nodes are still
swollen have not gone down in size or not painful they are semi squishy and movable so I went and I had blood work done on my own through Walk In Labs and this was some of my test results that have me concerned .. My WBC is at 15.6 which is a bit high my RBC
count was at 4.82 my neutrophils .69 my lumphs 23 Iron 63 LDH 142 my neutrophils absolute 10.8 my lymphs absolute 3.6 beta 2 Microgloblun 1.4 .. My doctor wasn't concerned on the findings on my test results I however was and still am that's why am reaching
out to another doctor about a month and a half ago I felt two swollen lymph nodes now in my left axillary about the same size maybe a little smaller as my right axillary still the same consistency not painful they move easy .. I went to my primary care doctor
once again and she told me she wasn't concerned because it was the same as the other side . I'm very concerned about lymphoma or leukemia she told me that MRI would've showed up there was cancer cells in the lymph nodes they wouldn't just gave me a benign
finding .. I just had my breast implants removed because I was fearful of maybe having a bacterial or viral infection behind my implant is my implant swelled up and down with the six years that I had them . My doctor put me on a pretty strong anabiotic when
I had them removed I had them removed October 3 of 2015 might lymph nodes have not went down in size .. I was really praying that the antibiotics would help and that was my answer . I have also heard that sometimes your lymph nodes just stay swollen even after
the infection or the bacteria or whatever your body was fighting is gone sometimes her lymph nodes do not go back to the normal size. I'm truly hoping that you could help me out with this I really appreciate it.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I agree with your doctors

I am not worried about cancer or lymphoma.

the MRI scan would have seen lymphoma or cancer if it was there

the WBC count is a sign of a viral or bacterial infection.

viral infections can cause WBC count of 15

I bet if you repeat your CBC count in 1-2 months, your WBC count will come back down to normal.

the size of your lymph nodes are basically normal.

they are not enlarged to worry about cancer size

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also had a root canal done a few years back and it's been giving me nothing but problems .. I went back to the dentist and she is trying to assure me that it was done correctly but I still have pain and it bleeds a lot when I brush my teeth not all the time but it does have its moments where does bleed , so I don't know if that could be my problem with my nodes and but I've had a slightly elevated WBC blood count level now for quite a few years .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My apologies it was actually a ultrasound they did on the lymph nodes
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

yes, a chronic inflammation and infection in the gums. would cause swollen lymph nodes and also elevated WBC count in the 15 range

ask your doctors to refer you for hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy which is used to help heal long term wound issues and could help your gums heal.

those lymph nodes are normal size on ultrasound.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much Dr. David I will definitely leave a positive review ! I just didn't want to have to go and biopsy a lymph node if it wasn't anything to be concerned about .
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome

I bet your lymph nodes are benign.

ask your doctors about hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy to help your gums

don't forget to leave positive feedback

thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In your honest opinion do you think that I should push to get one of them biopsied or do you think that I should be fine
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

no, you don't need to push for a biopsy of the lymph node.

there are not enough worrisome signs to point to cancer to need a biopsy