Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have morning nausea and if i can get a drink of water i am

Customer Question

i have morning nausea and if i can get a drink of water i am fine . i have had a abodmoinal ultra sound and it was question i had a gall bladder problem . after that i went and seen a surgeon. he was not convinced . he wanted me to get a mri .$2000.00 i have already spent $1200.00 for no answers . what do i do at this point . i can go a month without a issue . then all of second boom it's there again . shutting be down for two to three days . i need some good advise
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

You mentioned that you had an ultrasound and they mentioned some gallbladder problem? Can you please let me know what kind of gallbladder problem you had?

Did you have stones in your gallbladder or some other problem?

Has the dexilant helped any with your symptoms?

Do you have any other medications?

Are you on any other medications for anything?

What kind of blood tests have you had so far? If you could send me the results of your blood tests and ultrasound that would be nice.

Please let me know.

Kind regards

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Morning nausea is typical of stomach ulcer.

I see no reason for an MRI hear.

You are not stating a lot of gallbladder symptoms.

I would suggest first that you have an h pylori breath test.

This shows if you have the bacteria that causes gastritis and ulcers. If so, dexilant alone is not going to work.

You would need the correct antibiotic combination.

If gallbladder is suspected with a negative ultrasound, then a HIDA scan in my view is more useful than an MRI, as it indicates gallbladder function, and is cheap in comparison. Hi resolution ultrasound, in the states at least, is over 95% sensitive for gallstones.

MRI is not indicated for screening. However, he might be talking about an MRCP which can see stones in the ducts. If this is what he is thinking, I would get it done.

I am a double board certified US doctor, and I will be glad to quickly, safely, accurately and comprehensively answer questions.

Please click a positive rating on my answer page here [see the top]

Come back as needed.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Please answer my questions above so that I can help you out with your concerns in detail.

Kind regards