Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I choose not to have video on my computer. I have audio.

Customer Question

I choose not to have video on my computer. I have audio. Weird thing is although I have doctors available my husband is a doctor. Having problems with his care. He has cancer. I expect this to be totally confidential and do not allow this to go ANYWHERE. I wanted to ask questions about his condition. Married over 41 years. I am not happy with his oncologist. He will go to Stanford on Monday but I have many questions. Some say chemo some say NO. He has had 3 surgeries in 2 years and radiation two years ago but he had a metastasized node in the last 2 months and surgery from sarcoma. So far it is has not been organ or bone related.
jeri
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome, Jeri.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Which organ cancer is it?

Which lymph node group metastasis has been detected?

This is just an information request, so please do not rate the interaction at this point of time.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sarcoma that has been treated has been skin. Left chest. 2 years ago. Aug. this year it came back under left arm pit and was a lymph node that has been removed. However there was a margin that was not cleared as if they cleared that margin he might of lost use of his left arm. My thought is he can live with a limp arm but not with cancer. Anyway it is what it is. His local oncologist wants him to have chemo. We agree but he has done nothing to get it started. Waiting for insurance approval. Heck we can pay for it now and worry about financial reimbursement later.

Sorry for the delay. I apologize for your wait. I had been on emergency duty and thus could not answer you earlier.

He should be on the chemotherapy. Any spread from the original site is considered as distant spread which is only amenable to chemo. The chemo would likely prevent any recurrence. There would be some significant side effects with chemo; but weighing pros and cons; chemotherapy would be recommended in his case.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. We drove 4 hours to Stanford today to a Sarcoma center. After reviewing the CT's
and slides they found a new nodule. He will go there to have it removed. They have recommended chemo but there is one
component not approved yet so he will be in a blind study. We know the accepted chemo and will not know if the other med
will be involved. He is Class 3 sarcoma from the slides. The Sarcoma doctor said it would be a hard radiation but only done every other week followed by radiation. We will follow this recommendations as the last surgeon did not give him a clear margin on one spot. Thank you for your interest. He needs an MRI but being a radiologist I'm sure he will have it in the next couple of days from his group. They have a 3.5 MRI Thank you. ***** will pray.

You are most welcome.

This sarcoma is likely to be potentially responsive to the chemotherapy.

I wish both of you, all the very best.

Thanks for the update.

Please click on a positive rating if this has been helpful to you and you are satisfied with the interaction.