Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I have had pain in my right upper thigh after sitting in car

Customer Question

I have had pain in my right upper thigh after sitting in car or chair for only about 15 minutes. This just started about two weeks ago. I had complete blood work done thru work health fair - just the basic stuff. Nothing specific but enough to let me know I'm in pretty good condition for age 63. Any suggestions? When I get up to walk around I'm fine in about 5 minutes.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 1 year ago.

Hi

thank you for requesting me.

Where in your upper thigh? does it get better or worse with pressing on it? how about walking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Get up & walking helps

Thanks

if getting up and walking helps, it is unlikely to be anything serious- like claudication (which essentially angina of the leg) or narrowing of the spine (like herniation and spinal stenosis)

You may want to consider getting tested for a blood clot- this can be done by lab- d-dimer or ultrasound.

Otherwise, it is more likely to muscle related and can take some time to heal. Massage and warm compresses and motrin (if you are allowed to take it by your MD) is what usually works

keep me posted

please leave positive feedback for my time and expertise