Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I had originally thought I had a UTI. I had cramping in the

Customer Question

I had originally thought I had a UTI. I had cramping in the abdomen and frequently had to pee. I took not floxacin five days with no relief. The pain became more situated on the right side of the abdomen (appendix side). It still feels like I have to urinate frequently but not too bad. I was tested for bladder infection and STI's. All came back negative. I got an ultra sound and cat scan, every organ looked normal. There is tons of bloating and mainly the right side hurts. I get dull pain all day and occasionally sharp and stabbing. My stools have been pretty consistent and don't look too bad other than dark. I have this weird burning sensation around my stomach and back and occasionally in my chest and arms. My blood work came back with no issues. I had started taking doxycycline for three days after I finished norfloxacin on the 5th day. By the 8 th day of this at the ER doctors told me to stop taking it since I had no infection. Since then the symptoms have remain same and worse.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The blood work came back fine. I've had no fever. Just extreme fatigue in my legs and the weird burning sensation that feels like a "cool" burn around my stomach. Will this go away? My doctor said it is just stress and intestines are hyperactive but it seems like it's a bit more than that especially when it wakes me up at night. I have no known food allergies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get burning sensation in arms as well and all my abdominal and back muscles are cramped but the inner right abdomen hurts the most. It's been 11 days now.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

tons of bloating and right lower quadrant pain can be from colitis inflammation of the colon or diverticulosis from constipation or could be from ovarian cysts pain.

inflammation of the ovary can cause fluid in the pelvis

if you have excessive anxiety or stress in your life, this can magnify small symptoms in your body.

dehydration or low potassium or low magnesium levels can cause muscle cramps.

did the ultrasound see any normal ovarian cysts?

frequent urination can be from bladder irritation from coffee or alcohol or from nervous bladder syndrome from anxiety

or from overactive bladder muscles which can spasm and cause urinary urgency.