Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have a throat discomfort since last year and have been

Customer Question

I have a throat discomfort since last year and have been seeing a throat doctor. My throat feels like there is something stuck in it and is not going down. I had a couple of test done and the only thing that he found was fluid in my sinuses for which I took antibiotic and it cleared the extra fluid however I still feel like there is something in my throat. I had barium drink test, radiology test (showed fluid in my sinuses), and a scope test (scope going thru my nose into vocal cords). I was also tested for outdoor allergies (no allergies found). What other test can I ask for to help me?
Thank you.
Ewa
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thanks for the question.

What you have not had is ph testing of the esophagus.

You can still have acid even if the other tests are all negative.

This can also be from sasm of the throat...sometimes a calcium channel blocker will help with that.

It can also be a problem in the cervical spine..the neck, and this is often overlooked.

For this, you would need to see an MD specialist of physical medicine and rehabilitation.

That is a type of MD that can fix the neck and throat structurally with manual medicine techniques, traction, physical therapy, etc.

OK, please remember that we are only paid per positive rating. Please do not forget to rate on this post.

Also, let me know , just reply, of any other questions and concerns.

are you there?

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.