DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Beginning 4 days ago, I awoke with my mouth flooded with

Customer Question

Hello. Beginning 4 days ago, I awoke with my mouth flooded with fluid. I spat it out and went back to sleep.
The following day I experienced a clenching feeling between my breasts, more excess fluid and, finally, vomiting...again, just fluid.
After a whole night of repeated clenching and vomiting I took myself to emergency where I was given a prescription for metoclopramide HCL (10 mgI)and Ranitidine (150 mg)
The ER doctor considered the possibility of a intestinal virus... Given this thought, I opted to treat myself with colloidal silver which had an immediate beneficial effect on the symptoms. This allowed me to eat and drink without suffering any clenching or vomiting.
Unfortunately now, day 4, I opted not to take the silver to see how things were going and the symptoms returned as if never treated. I took another dose of the colloidal silver and, while feeling delicate, the clenching and nausea ceased.
I guess my question is,..am I waiting for the virus to run its course? A
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

Most of the viral and bacterial intestinal infections settle in about 48 hours, colloidal silver proved to be good supportive treatment in your case but infection might be still there as it is your fourth day and symptoms come back after you stop taking silver. I would suggest you must visit your physician for thorough examination and you might need antibiotics prescription.Mean while you have to keep yourself hydrated by taking lots of fluids and try to take healthy diet to improve your immunity.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I disagree

I see no indication for any need for antibiotics here.

Your symptoms are upper GI and indicate reflux, or ulcer, or both, or a delayed gastric outlet [drainage problem]

I virus might do this temporarily.

You should have an H pylori breath test to make sure you do not have the ulcer, gastritis bacterial.

This requires specific antibiotics and the test must be done first.

Colloidal silver has no data on helping in this situation, and we don't know why it would.

And infact there are some dangers to its use.

Don't use it.l

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Please click a positive rating on this post if you appreciate my expertise.