Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have constant nausea and body pains (mostly in my legs-

Customer Question

Hello, I have constant nausea and body pains (mostly in my legs- sharp pains mostly) after 4 weeks of the RSV virus where I had a bad cough, sinus infection and blocked nose. These symptoms are now gone. However, this is week 6 and I still feel terrible. Loss of appetite, feeling generally unwell and body pains. I feel like I am fatiguing easier as well. I have had a blood test but awaiting results
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Are you having any abdominal pain? Or any tenderness in the right upper abdomen?

Do you know which blood tests were done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No abdominal pain. The blood tests were checking for a complete check and glandular fever. I have not seen the results yet

Thank you for the additional information.

There are several conditions to consider in this situation. Checking a complete blood count and glandular fever would be appropriate. However, another consideration would be whether there is any liver involvement. There can be involvement of the liver with many different viral infections. Certain viral infections primarily affect the liver, so are called hepatitis viruses. However, the liver can also be affected with other viruses. It is only rarely affected by RSV. It is more often affected by the virus that causes glandular fever, occurring about 25% of the time.

Loss of appetite and nausea are common with liver disease. There would be more of a concern if there is upper abdominal pain or tenderness. However, if the complete blood check does not include liver function tests, it still would be appropriate to do so.