Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I was on bunephrehine and am having a severe relapse. cannot

Customer Question

I was on bunephrehine and am having a severe relapse. cannot make it to doctor in my condition, what do i do
my phARMACY RECORDS SHOW i HAVE BEEN ON IT. i TRIED TO STOP MYSELF AND I AM SCARED NOW AND NOT FUNCTIONING AND DO NOT WANT TO GO BACK TO DILAUDID
\
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Could you clarify what relapse you are having?

What symptoms are you having that is precluding you from being able to make it to your doctor?

Are you having a relapse of the addiction in that you are craving opiates and need another prescription of buprenorphine?

If so, the only option would be to personally see a doctor. Federal law requires that the doctor perform a personal face-to-face evaluation to be able to prescribe the buprenorphine.

So the next issue is to consider what symptoms exist that are precluding you from being able to make it to your doctor, which is why I have asked for clarification regarding these symptoms.