Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I had a concussion 1.5 years ago. Am I able to return to my

Customer Question

I had a concussion 1.5 years ago. Am I able to return to my normal lifestyle or do I still need to limit what I do this far out?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Normally a concussion is not that serious as to limit you long term. Did you lose conciuosness for long period of time? Hospitalized? Were you in coma for days or weeks or regain consciousness in minutes?

Regaining consciousness in minutes would favor you having a good prognosis and no problems going forward

Any history of seizures? Again if no then that is in your favor...

There are wide degrees of seriousness as to a concussion. More serious are referred to as Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI s)

So if mere short term concussion such as a football player may be knocked out on a hit then you should not have any long term problems from it

I hope that this information is helpful for you Let me know if I may be of further help.I will be happy to get back with you If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Hello again !

Sorry I was rushed at time of initial answer and noted several typos >> I hope that I was able to go back and correct these. Let me know if you have further details or questions. Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did lose consciousness. Not sure how long. Went to ER. They did a CT scan. It was normal. So that was the last time I saw a doctor regarding the concussion.I just want to know now if I can resume all activities such as soccer, football, dancing, etc.?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was never hospitalized.

Hello again,

Yes you may resume normal activity. It sounds from your history that you had a moderate concussion but no need for hospitalization is reassuring here. That is an indicator of a less serious degree of injury. This far out from it you need not worry about resuming normal activities.

I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's reassuring. I don't need to do any return to play protocol or anything like that do I? I was reading about that online and was not sure if that is still something I would need to do this far out from the event.Thanks.

No this far out you are considered 100 percent back to normal. No special treatment or precautions are needed this far out .

I hope that this is helpful for you. let me know if I may be of further help. please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there's nothing I need to do at this point?

Right, there is nothing that you need to do at this point.

Take Care!

Anthony Bray MD