Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

I 't think you can. I'm just worried because I had p (

Customer Question

I don't think you can. I'm just worried because I had hip ( Labrum repair) in Januaryand just wasn't healing. I started running a high fever 6 weeks ago and went to hospital my white count was 29k after investigation I was found to have a systemic staph infection from the surgery. I had additional arthroscopic surgery to clean the joint out was hospitalized for a week, sent home with a PICC line ( I do not have a spleen) was on recephin for 4 weeks until my ALT & AST kept going up so they discontinued recephin a week ago since then my ALT has doubled to 257 and AST has increased to 156. I am frightened. I am nauseated all the time and really can only stomach grilled cheese and tomato soup. I'm on 126 lbs and 5'4. I was 136 when I first was admitted to hospital . I was not nauseated prior to the antibiotic tx. I don't really drink alcohol because for the past two years it doesn't agree with me. I've never had irregular liver test ever! I take gabepentin, oxycodon ( no Tylenol )flexeril
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for your question .

I would like to share important aspects of your issues , high white cell count with systemic infection indicates sepsis and one of the feature of sepsis is raised ALT / AST , I will not agree that Rocephin is the cause of high ALT/AST levels .

It would be ideal for you to start antibiotics like Sulzone to get rid of infection .

You should get Ultrasonography to see liver texture and also get blood test to rule out viral liver infection like Hep B and C .

Good hydration , good amount of glucose intake .

Strong antibiotics all will help you out .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Expert:  Karenk-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you.
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/9c22b-don-t-think-can-i-m-just-worried-hip-labrum-repair-ja.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team.