Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have had really bad chest pain, pain in my back, pressure

Customer Question

I have had really bad chest pain, pain in my back, pressure in my head, i initially though i was having a heart attack something that bad, but I have seen a cardiologist and had many test and they seem to think its acid reflux, recently im having really bad soar throat and the chest ache makes me feel breathless atimes
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this makes me rather anxious as the blood test and MRI does not reveal anything, i was placed on xanax so i can sleep, but my symptoms remain, what is wrong with me? i need some help on this as i have a young baby and cant even take care cause i feel sick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Reflux with esophageal spasm is possible.

That does not explain pressure in the head...which can be migraine

Migraine can often go along with GI symptoms.

You have not really asked a question.

Did you have a specific question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done several blood test and mri for my back and they didn't see anything, what other test is necessary to get a proper diagnosis, or what treatment can I take for the reflux, I always get the pressure in the head same time with chest ache and severe back pain, the pain is more like a bruising in my back and chest, I also feel breathless, and like I have something stuck in my throat, then a soar throat too

Treatment depends on the cause.

If panic....SSRI.

If structural..the structural treatment, and this is often over looked.

The doctor to see is:

a. Physical medicine and rehabilitation for a manual medicine program.

b. Osteopathic physician for cranial/sacral manipulation.

For esophageal spasm: calcium channel blocker.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.