Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I 't know what doctor to ask this exactly. I have just

Customer Question

I don't know what doctor to ask this exactly. I have just come back from a three night stag weekend and drank way too much on the first night but moderately on the other 2. Diet was poor and very different to normal. This is my first day back home and
I have only ate fruit today. I went to the toilet and noticed that there was white mucous in my feaces (and it smelled really rancid). This scares me as my stomach really doesn't feel good at all. I have taken some carbon pills and will take a probiotic also.
Also feel like eating some nice fresh seeded loaf with butter but still not wanting to eat anything too heavy. What is the reason for the mucous in my feaces it is really scaring me?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Might be worth adding that is was 3 bananas and 4 oranges that I ate today. Also I did an enema in the morning with some lemon ( I do an enema every few weeks but never done one with lemon in it) however the feceas with mucus was about 10 hours after the enema so I doubt its related
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Every reason to suspect lemon within enema has irritated your colon. Lemon is a Citrus fruit . it is very acidic. It would be expected to be highly irritating to the colon. The mucus is reaction to the irritation. The colon should heal without problem but avoid this practice in the future!

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD