DrHoellering
DrHoellering, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

I accidentally swallowed my dangling earring while taking my

Customer Question

I accidentally swallowed my dangling earring while taking my vitamins. What should I do?
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

It is better to see your doctor, because a bigger earring can get stuck in your throat or in your stomach on the way out. It should be retreived by gastroscopy.

There is, in fact, a certain possibility that the earring passes your gastrointestinal tract safely. But it is hazardous, can vulnerate your bowels and you can't get it out of there without operating, when it's stuck. So it is much better to retrieve it within the next hours out of your stomach. Please drive to the ER quickly!

I wish you all the best.

You have read my answer but didn't hit a positive feedback button yet. How are you doing today? Is there any question left?