Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

How often should i take mylanta? Also are my meds that I

Customer Question

how often should i take mylanta? Also are my meds that I take acidic, I take two antidepressants, ativan, lisinprol and vytorin
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

As I also noted on the other thread these medicines should not represent a problem for you. You may take Mylanta several times a day as you may need it (3,4,5,6...) point is to not take what you do not need . Need for Mylanta should diminish over time if taking a daily medicine to reduce acid such as Nexium or Prilosec or Prevacid.

If you should feel much ongoing need for Mylanta beyond day 2 weeks then I think you may want to consult a gastroenterologist.A presciption option such as Carafate may be added. That may coat and protect erosions and promote healing .

I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD