Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have major back pain Ive had from years of playing

Customer Question

Hello I have major back pain Ive had from years of playing Professional Tennis& than switch to golf. My ex wife is an RN and our regular Dr would prescribe Oxycodene which is the only meds that help me. I only take qhen back really aches. Once I've gotten divorced I no longer have same medical coverage so my Regular Dr has changed. I now have medical. My current Dr has prescribed other meds that just don't work. How may I find a Dr who acceots medical and will prescribe for me Oxycodien?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

we can't prescribe medications to clients online.

that is good you have insurance coverage

you should call up your insurance company to see which pain management doctors are in network for you in your area.

you should consult with a pain management doctor or pain doctor in your area who can treat you for your major back pain.

your pain management doctor can also order MRI scans of your spine as well

have you consulted with a pain management doctor before?

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

No medicine is going to correct your back pain.

No recommendation as to medication should be given without also an evaluation by a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor.

If you do not address the structural problems, you will simply get worse over time, the medications will cover this up, and you will wind up with surgery if this is disc problems.

As far as your actual question, the fact is that no doctor is going to advertise

that they will prescribe oxycontin..that also is not legal.

You need to find a doctor trained to do so, and you need to let that doctor make

the choice as to which medicine you need.

If you ask for a specific med, you are going to raise red flags.

However, you can tell the doctor what has worked.

The first best action is to get a referral from your current doctor.

This gives everything more legit status.

Also find the PM&R doctor...many of these doctors are also pain management doctors, but give you an entire program, to reduce the need for addicting medication.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Hi

The edit will not work.

That is: no medication is going to correct the CAUSE of your back pain.

OK, so that is an initial answer….