Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Is there a fee I will be charged to fill my doctors

Customer Question

is there a fee I will be charged to fill my doctors prescription for marijawana use?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

If you fill the prescription by acquiring marijuana from a licensed retail location, then you will be charged, as these retail location work like any other retail location.

However, in Washington state, the patient is also allowed to grow their own marijuana. There still is a limit that can be grown at home, or they will assume that you are growing the larger amount for others than yourself. But it is allowed for you to grow a personal supply of marijuana, and if you choose to do so, then you would not need to purchase any product from a retail location and will not have to pay an additional charge.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.