How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 28277
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 74 years and have began to have night sweats soaking

Customer Question

I am 74 years and have began to have night sweats soaking wet pillow down my back have to find a clean night gown and change pillows?? This happens 3-4 times a week I have never sweat under arms only my head and down my chest.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Night sweat , drenching in nature should be evaluated , it would be ideal for you to have your Urine examination along with Blood CP to see and to rule out any systemic illness like UTI .

Meanwhile Diabetes could be the reason , so also check your blood glucose levels .

Regards ***** ***** luck .

Let me know if you have further quires .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Therecan be underlying causes like:

1.Thyroid problem --hyperthyroidism a common cause

2.Anxiety disorder --responds to a beta blocker like propranolol.


4.malignancies like lymphoma

5.Chronic infections like tuberculosis.

6.Certain medications as side effect

7.lastly but importantly Menopause can cause these symptoms as well at any time

Hence,a thorough evaluation is required by your doctor.

Ifthere is no underlying problem, then this can be treated with:

1.Aluminium chloride hexahydrate solution ( Xerac or B-drier) available over thecounter

2.Anti cholinergic medication like oxybutynine or benztropine

3.Glycopyrrholate or robinul

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you today.

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!

This is the link to my profile:

Related Medical Questions