Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have been on methadone 100 mg/day 15 years disks in my

Customer Question

I have been on methadone 100 mg/day for nearly 15 years for degenerative disks in my back. My doctor died and NO physician will take me due to "fear of the DEA". I am currently getting a daily dose at the local methadone clinic, but they aren't set up for chronic pain. Are there any doctors, preferably in Louisiana who aren't afraid to write this medication?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi not sure what your medical question is.

There are pain management specialists. There are also methedone doctors.

I am not sure how you would expect to predict who will meet your needs other than looking at the board specialty of the doctor.

For reasons you have already stated...no doctor is going to advertise that they will give methadone to those who have a specific need. That need has to be established by the visit and exam.

Am I missing a question here?