Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I have had a minor sinus cold that turned into a cough that

Customer Question

I have had a minor sinus cold that turned into a cough that has lingered for a couple weeks now. I have been taking a 12hr allergy relief decongestant which normally works for me. I do feel better but just a slight cough remaining now. 3 days ago while mowing all day long on a riding mower i went to stand up and had a very painful groin area specific to the right side. After taking several steps it seemed to get better. I had a long drive home about and hour in my truck. I could feel the discomfort in the area as i drove and suddenly i became very cold w chills. As soon as i got home i showered in a very hot shower just to warm up as i was shaking before i got in. After getting out i went into my bed and waited about 30 min then took my temperature and it was 102.7. I took advil for the pain and tylenol for the fever which i guess broke in my sleep and has not returned since. I still have the pain altho it starts out faint and is worse during the day and later on into the night. evening.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could feel a lump in the sore spot 2 days ago but it seems much smaller now. I have burning and discomfort thru ought most of the afternoon as i work in lawn maintenance and am on and off mowers and walking then back into truck riding. I can fell it most when sitting.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

How old are you? Any other health issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 44. No other issues. Typically very healthy rarely even sick.

This is very concerning sir. The fever indicates infection

The lump sounds like a hernia.

These two together indicate trapped bowel in the hernia. This is a medical emergency. Go to ER

Please don't forget a positive rating.

If you have more questions, just reply :)