Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I want to speak to a gastroenterologist.

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

What is you question?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am worried about c diff. I have a 16 month old and my stepdad that has c diff is coming to visit. He just started Vancomycin and when he arrives for his visit he will have been on the meds 10 days. Is he contagious after starting the antibiotics.

Are you a gastro doc?

You and your child are not at any risk of catching C Diff from Grandpa......

Do not give it any though nor keep Grandpa from holding etc your little bundle of joy.

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive (excellent is the most fun to push) feedback button.....without this important step on your part the funds you left on deposit are not released and my kids will spend another cold winter barefoot ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Why not risk? Isn't it contagious

It is not contagious in that way......

As a father of five who now has 4 grandkids under the age of 4, as well as an MD I, personally, would not give your Stepdads diagnosis a second thought during his visit.

make sense?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

Dr. Rick MD FACS