Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

My sister was in an accident where airblags deployed with a

Customer Question

My sister was in an accident where airblags deployed with a lot of smoke. 2 ribs and her foot were fractured by the impact of the airbags and she lost her voice and was coughing for a week from the smoke inhallation.
Her larnygitis and coughing subsided after a week but after another week of lungs and voice being clear, she has started to coughup green mucus and lost her voice again. Is this some sort of Airbag Pneumotic? Could this be urgent or might her primary care phsyician give her an anitbiotic and see? She is leaving for Europe in two weeks and needs to know what her conidition will be.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

x ray first.

This is more likely bronchitis or pneumonia related to the rib fractures.

It can be serous.

Needs evaluation now.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.