Internist
Internist, Doctor
Experience:  MD,MBBS, Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
23050427

44-year-old female. Two days ago I developed the onset of

Customer Question

44-year-old female. Two days ago I developed the onset of neck pain sinus pressure etc. from what I thought was due to ragweed allergies. Went to urgent care this evening where they did a CBC blood count white blood count was high they put me on Augmentin. Flexeril for the neck
I have a low-grade fever bodyaches and chills are ridiculous! A bit of nausea but I'm unable to eat very much at the moment. They felt it was a virus of some sort but did stop the antibiotic based on my blood count.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I am online and will be happy to answer your questions and provide an excellent service.

do you have any discharge from nose? post nasal drip? dry cough? any facial pain ?

they did or did not stop the antibiotic? and high white cell count was mainly neutrophil or lymphocytes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wish that I knew which of the white blood cell counts it was but unfortunately I do not. To be honest it feels like I do have some pressure in my face but it's hard to distinguish because my entire body hurts almost flulike symptoms
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did prescribe Augmentin I took the first pill about an hour ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

this does sound like viral flu like illness.

so they prescribed augmentin, just to cover the bacteria (as a precautionary measure ) , because of high white cell count. and top 3 most common bacteria are excellently covered by augmentin.

If you have nasal discharge, i would also like you to take nasal steroids like memetasone,

use analgesics on as needed basis.

keep drinking plenty of fluids.

take bed rest.

it feels worse, but it is very benign condition. and resolves with time. 1-2 weeks

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

and please do not forget to take flu shot after this episode is over.

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

if you develop chest pain, cough with sputum, vision problem, severe headache, please go to emergency department.

otherwise just take bed rest and follow the abovementioned advice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I mix Tylenol and Advil
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so very much for your help I greatly appreciate it
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

yes, you can. but first try taking tylenol alone. if this does not help , then switch to advil. if even then it does not help, then you can combine. as we need to keep in view the pros and cons of combination.

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome

It is my pleasure to help you and I wish you best health,

If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drhashmimd/?rpt=3800

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you feel it would be beneficial for me to talk to you on the telephone
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

i saw the message by justanswer of request on your behalf. so thats why i proposed for phone call. but it is okay, and you do not need to spend extra money. i can answer all your questions here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you so much for your sincerity. Basically I am concerned because of the terrible body aches and discomfort but it sounds like if it's a viral flu that's what it's going to do to me
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that and understand your distress. that's what it feels like in fllu . it will be over in one to two weeks.

keep following above recommendations. and do get flu shot after you are recovered.

if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. you can ask follow up question anytime

if this answered your query, kindly rate positively, (hopefully excellent) my service to you.

i wish you good health.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks once again Dr. and I will be giving you an excellent review thank you for your expertise as well as your kindness and understanding my terrible discomfort
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome. it was my pleasure to help you.

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

i am sorry to bother you , but i think you forgot to rate/ accept answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention the swollen lymph nodes in my neck
Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

do not worry about that, it is very common to get lymph node enlarged in the region of infection.

enlarged lymph nodes, tender/painful in acute infection are very common and are actually result of effort of white cell to fight off infection.

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

large lymph nodes only warrant further investigation when they are real big , painless and not associated with infection.

some lymph nodes are actually enlarged in most people because of high prevalence of upper airway infections even in otherwise healthy population

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps.

you can ask follow-up question even after accepting the answer. and i will be happy to answer them for you. thanks.

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

do you still have any question?

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

This is the link to my profile:

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

You did not accept the answer , and neither you rated my service.

if you have any question, please feel free to ask.

if i answered you question, please rate/ accept so that i can get some credit of my work here.

i wish you good health.

thanks .

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

kindly click on accept, so that i may get some credit of my time and work. many thanks.

Expert:  Internist replied 1 year ago.

Dear JA customer,

you probably forgot to accept / rate my service to you.

please let me know if you have questions or how can i help you.

if i answered your query already, please click on accept.

thanks