Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My son is complaining of pain in s testicals and and pain on

Customer Question

My son is complaining of pain in his testicals and and pain on his right size of his stomach. He looked it up and the pc said it is a hernia and just rest. I worry because he has high blood pressure and ran out of pills and he won't go to my doctor who will take him because a lot of doctors here are not taking new patients so he can renew his prescription for blood pressure pills. Also he was born with a hernia in his naval so I worry that this hernia pain can be from the naval. He is on Latuda for schizophrenia so very hard to try to get him to do something like seeing my doctor for this problem and the pills. What do you think this could be. He is so fat from the Latuda making him eat like he is starving. Sometimes he will ask me to run to the store to get orange juice really quick and then when he drinks it he is fine...so does that mean his sugar is low?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Well there are several issues that you present. The pain of the testicles could be of if several possible causes. How old is your son? So you know if he has any swelling of the scrotum? Epididymitis is an infection of the tubes between testicle and prostate and could cause pain of the testicle or testicles. A tosion of the testicle may cause severe pain and may often cause nausea ( a torsion may harm the testicle and would be a legitimate emergency ) A prostate infection may cause pain to be projected to the testicles . An inguinal hernia could relate to his pain as a possibility too...yes to that . As you see though there are several very different type problems that this pain may represent. He does need medical evaluation soon. Hopefully he will agree to this!

The Orange juice craving does not necessarily mean that he has low blood sugar. He may be tested .

It sounds that he needs follow up with his psychiatrist . The problem if he has had dramatic weight gain should be addressed. Latuda may be associated with adverse side effects which may include weight gain , elevated blood sugar and higher lipid/ cholesterol profile. It may be tgatvLatuda is best option for him. Control of his shuzophrenia is of primary importance to him but considering the adverse effects should be considered as well.....

How is his blood pressure doing? What medicine is he usually on? He does need to have this need to be addressed as well.

I hope that you may be able to get him examined soon. Perhaps your doctor would be a good place to start as far as access and getting a handle on the cause of his testicular pain. I do hope that he is able to get evaluation soon!

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD