Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I'm sure I have ghonnoria. I had it before but I think I had

Customer Question

I'm sure I have ghonnoria. I had it before but I think I had intercourse with the same person a little too soon after we both got treated I don't have medical insurance right now so I can't go to the doctor but I need this treated. Is there any antibiotics I can buy to treat this? And if so what dosage?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question.

Basically when treating a sexually transmitted disease, the aim is to cure the infection in the patient, hence consulting a health care provider is recommended as he/she will determine the best and most up-to-date treatment. Never treat yourself without being seen by your doctor first. Nowadays there are many drug-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae, hence to prevent resistance one of the antibiotic (ceftriaxone) is given as an injection and another antibiotic (azithromycin or doxycycline) is taken orally.

Take care.