Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I had a sinus infection a do have something right up over my

Customer Question

I had a sinus infection a do have something right up over my left breast under the skin and I be burping a lot it's sore I just know it's there and hurting under my left shoulderblade
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

To be able to provide a complete answer, it will first help if you could relay some additional information.

Were you seen and diagnosed with a sinus infection?

Were you prescribed antibiotics?

Could you clarify what you are feeling under the skin over the breast Is this a lump?

Are you taking any chronic medicines?

I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back.

A bacterial sinus infection would typically not cause something to arise under the skin over the breast. However, in some cases in which people that think that there is a sinus infection, it is really an upper respiratory viral infection, and these viral infections can sometimes cause some changes in the skin. However, the skin changes are usually more of a rash or inflammation, rather than a lump.

It is more common for either a sinus infection or an upper respiratory viral infection to cause an increase in burping or some soreness under the shoulder blade. Generally speaking, if these symptoms occur associated with an infection, they will resolve as the infection resolves. A viral infection will usually resolve spontaneously, but it ay be necessary to prescribe antibiotics for a bacterial sinus infection. Some sinus infections will also resolve spontaneously, so we frequently do not prescribe antibiotics as quickly as was once done, but it still may be necessary.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.