Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Ok doc. and i am getting my colonoscopy and endoscopy on

Customer Question

ok doc. and i am getting my colonoscopy and endoscopy on next monday. to be sure whether this is some infection , or some swelling or iBS. i have been told to have a Sache of Peglec and i have been told to have with water . but i have been told i can have
lunch a day before the procedure . is that ok ? and do u recommend getting either of the tests
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

The tests are appropriate to exclude other possible causes of symptoms, since there is no test that can directly prove that IBS is present.

Most doctors instruct people to only eat clear liquids meals on the day prior to a colonoscopy. If your doctor has said that you can eat a regular lunch, then he/she must have good experience when allowing patients to eat a solid meal for lunch the day before. However, the instructions at our hospital for all of our doctors is to only eat clear liquid meals on the day before a colonoscopy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks. and i got 2 more questions. one is that i am 21 and i have no beard. and all my other friends have it since 4-5 years. is IBS causing the non growth of facial hair ? as it doesn't give my body apt nutritions to develop that. also i am not able to build my body because of this. is that true ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iv sent u pic of my lichen planus problem ? even that is not going away.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does IBS have any effect on Sexual life

You are now asking three additional questions and each separate question needs to be posted in separate threads.

I understand that the system says that you have a subscription, so you are not charged for each question, but the experts are only paid for each answer that receives a positive rating, and if five questions are answered in one thread, the expert is paid for only one answer.

Follow-up questions that may be needed to clarify the answer to the original question should remain in the same thread, but other questions should be listed separately.

Most experts are flexible and will address minor second questions, such as addressing the question about okra when you added it to the alcohol question, but the general rule is that separate questions need to be posted in different threads.