DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Every time I go to get my blood pressure checked I

Customer Question

Every time I go to get my blood pressure checked I experience awful anxiety - my pulse races (102-110) and I feel really shakey . I am a 75 year old female who, other than mild COPD, is very healthy. I have seen my doctor and he has prescribed 50 mgs of Losartin. Along with an increase in the celexa I already take. This was yesterday ... So I've really only been on these doses for two days.. I went to my pharmacy to check it this morning and the readings were high again - 185/101, and 200/104 - I can feel myself getting worked up before I even get into the pharmacy. My Doc also prescribed .5 mgs of Ativan which I have not taken.. Do you think that would help... I should also add that I have no symptoms such as headache, dizziness or chest pain.. Thank you for any advice you can give me.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Ativan should help

]But it is for short term use.;

These levels are at urgent levels, and if they continue,,,,,go to the ER.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.