khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Need some help, 6-7 weeks now my tongue has been inflamed

Customer Question

need some help, for about 6-7 weeks now my tongue has been inflamed and both sides of my tongue have been sore and when I eat my tongue will burn at times and the back of my throat has been burning somewhat. I went to the doctor Friday and he checked my
mouth and tongue and said it was inflamed tongue, he also checked my glands and lymp nodes and said everything felt normal to him. He prescribed me magic mouth wash and i started taking folic acid supplement on Sunday and he told me to to double up on my prevacid
because about 2-3 weeks ago I had 2 episodes of extremely bad acid reflux, it almost felt like i was having a heart attack. The last couple of days it seemed to be getting a little better but now one side is getting very sore again and I have had these little
white dots but like a couple on each side. Im worried that this will never go away and its some type of disease or something bad, I have bad anxiety for which I have been taking 150mg of Zoloft, I have been to the doctor and dentist, can someone help me with
this! I'm sitting here worried I have something sinister i.e (HIV, Sjögren's syndrome or something really bad but now I am worried this I Sjogren"s
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can someone please help me!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anyone that can help me?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach the photos here? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any medical problem? Any surgeries? Any other medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history? Did you have a blood test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im 5foot 6, I am overweight, I weigh like 265pounds, I have extremely bad anxiety for which I am on Zoloft for at 150mg and I have been at that dose for about 6 months or maybe longer, no surgeries, I have been taking a multivitamin, 500mg of vitamin C, I started folic acid tablets a week ago and I was told to double up on Prevacid for a month. I haven't had any blood tests but I have been to the doctor and dentist. Diabetes, and heart problems run in my family. About two years ago when I had got my physical and had complete blood work it said I was pre diabetic
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach the photos here? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also for the last month or so my knuckes and wrist have been bothering me on my right hand
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

I looked at the photos. It seems to be normal. You don't need to worry about it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then what is causing this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm really worried I might have sjorens syndrome or something else bad like HIV or another disease!
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Do you have dry mouth and dry eyes? Did you have sexual contact with people who could have HIV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had intercourse for probably about two years but because of being overweight I was going into gentlemans clubs back then, I don't have dry eyes but a couple of weeks ago for a week I had extremely bad dry mouth but that seems to have gotton somewhat better and another thing is that I have been trying to quit smoking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

You don't have sjogre syndrome. If you don't have flu like symptoms, it is not an early symptom for HIV infection. It doesn't seem to be candida infection. It could be due to the acid reflux. Since your tongue is normal now with the mouth wash, you don't need to worry about it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the sides of my tongue are still getting sore, and why do I have pain in my knuckles, is that arthritis or something like that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if I stick my tongue straight out the sides look inflamed, im just worried because this all started like 6-7 weeks ago and i was having sinus issues and extremely bad post nasal drip where i was like choking on it and was put on a ten day course of antibiotics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

When did you start to use the mouth wash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to the doctor like a week and half ago and that's when he prescribed me the magic mouthwash and I used it for a couple of days but haven't used it since
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

What is the reason you stopped to use it? Since you have a sore tongue, you should continue to use it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you know what that mouthwash consists of?