Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Trying to read my lab results

Customer Question

trying to read my lab results
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sodium level 133
chloride 92
ast (sgot) 49
agap 22I have had three stomach viruses within the last two months and recently just had two back to back. (I own a daycare) I became dehydrated. They did an abdominal ct and stated there was inflammation but no alarm. When the blood test came back after the ct - everything else was normal but the above. They want me to go to er to evaluate. I am 5' 9 and 138 lbs. Smoker and former drinker.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for the query,

Your sodium potassium and ast are ok , but your agap is slightly elevated, this can be because of dehydration but there are many other causes high agap which include uremia, lactic acidosos, diabetic ketoacidosis. I would suggest you should visit Er to ge a thorough examination so that anything serious could be ruled out and to get Iv hydration if you are really dehydrated.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Wish you good health.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have further questions.