Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572
Medical

My upper arms feel like they are being tightly squeezed. I

My upper arms feel like... Show More
My upper arms feel like they are being tightly squeezed. I have had the sensation before, but just very briefly. Now it is lasting more than 30 minutes so far. I have tried stretching and taking aspirin to relieve the pressure. I measured my blood pressure and it is 100/60, which is low for me. Generally I have to take a diuretic once per day to lower my blood pressure, but haven't taken it yet today because my blood pressure is already so low. My head feels a little tight too, like someone has wrapped a tight band around it. What could be wrong? It is night time now. Can this wait until the morning?
Category: Medical
replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

It will help if you could first provide some additional information.

Is it tender if you press on the arm in the area of the sensation of being squeezed?

Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

Are you there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago.
My arm is not tender when I press.I am having difficulty using the website.
Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that there are technical issues with the site.

If you are having squeezing pain in the arms but no associated tenderness, then it would be better that you be seen urgently. In the vast majority of people with pain in the arm, it is due to musculoskeletal problems, and if there wwere tenderness, it would be reasonable to manage it as such. But it is also possible that arm pain can be due to heart disease, as an equivalent symptom to having angina, and without any tenderness, it would be better that an arm squeezing sensation should be checked. As such, it also would be better if you did not wait until morning.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.