Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My wife says that she feels as if sharp rocks and broken

Customer Question

My wife says that she feels as if sharp rocks and broken glass are in her stomach.. she has a temp of 101.4
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The response time has said 8 min for OVER and hour!!!!!!!!!!
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

I am sorry that there has not been a timely response, but the expert that you requested was apparently not online and the question was only now opened to other experts.

If she is having mild to moderate sharp abdominal pain associated with a fever of 101.4, the most likely cause would be a viral infection of the GI tract. If the pain is more severe, that would be more concerning. If the pain is close to edge of the right rib cage, that would be worrisome for gallbladder disease. If it is more severe pain, there are several other possibilities to consider, such as appendicitis, diverticulitis, or pancreatitis.

If the pain is mild to moderate in severity, it would be reasonable to use acetaminophen tot ry to relieve the symptoms and see if the problem resolves spontaneously as would be expected with a viral infection. If the pain is more severe, then it would be better for her to be seen.