Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I am trying to get pregnant and went to see a specialist. I

Customer Question

Hi
I am trying to get pregnant and went to see a specialist. I also have irregular period ands fibroids. I have had two miscarriages. I am going to a great doctor who checks everything possible. The nurse called and left me a message that one of the ratios a t3 rt3 ratio is only a 5.2 and she said it should be a 10. She left a message that I will need to take my temperature and pulse 4 times a day for 10 days plus mark any symptoms I am having. Then send that information into the doctor for him to review. Could this be the reason for my weight gain and my miscarriages, irregular periods? She said they would send more info in the mail. But, I would like to know more, please!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Yes, a thyroid problem could absolutely explain this

thyroid hormone controls many processes in the body including reproductive organs

It sounds like your doctor is on top of it

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. If you have more questions, just reply. :)