Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I would like to know if my problem can be caused by

Customer Question

Hello! I would like to know if my problem can be caused by mystomach ilnesses. I have a motion sickness which is NOT caused by vestibular system problems (it functions perfectly well), vertebra or blood vessel problems(examined by doctors). It started when I was 17 and I had to travel a lot every day+my diet became extremely poor and unhealthy (it's been 4 years that I have motion sickness now). I've never had it as a child. Since I was 10, I've had biliary dyskinesia and gastritis; for the past few years I have also had Functional dyspepsia; Chronic gastroduodenitis with hyperplasia; Biliary reflux; Hyperplastic antral gastritis. My motion sickness shows itself ONLY as nausea and subsequent vomiting: no pale skin, vertigo o other symptoms are observed. It also depends on the type of vehicle: I can't tolerate cars, feel better in other vehicles. Only antiemetics and not eating anything 4-5 hours before and on the road helps, but I still feel sick. What can be the cause?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This can be related to your stomach problems, but is not caused by it.

Motion sickness is from many different neuropathways, and the fact that you already have stomach problems probably aggravates the existing condition.

It can be brain, migraine, and many other related facets that can be involved.

Seeing a neurologist for specialist testing is in order if indicated by exam.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.