Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I'am a 49 yr.old women that has all of sudden has stopped

Customer Question

I'am a 49 yr.old women that has all of sudden has stopped haven orgasams and can't figure out why ,Up to about 2-weeks ago I was having 6-8 day with my boyfriend,he is wonderful the best I every have I was married for 28 yrs.than divorced than dated for a year and ahalf than I left him do to no feelings in May.In late June I meet Charlie he is a real gentleman I have never had a man treat me or talk to me like he does.the first 4weeks were out of this world now nothing I used to squarm,I can't even come close to a climax.He can't perform just yet he is working on that he has tried a couple of times when he was hard but he lost it ,has soon as he he took a couple of storkes .when we started out he was fingering me it is comfortable and he still does it but I don't do eanything I do get wet but that is it can you help us Please ....HE is 69 I'am I like said 49 to us age does not matter and he is working on his little problem and now I have mine one night when we first got togother he made me have 13 orgasms.and they were awsome but now I had not had one for awhile-2months.Is an orgasm cause by stress? or what again please help..Thank You Darlene
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your question.

There are many causes for anorgasmia which is the medical term for regular difficulty in reaching orgasm after ample sexual stimulation. The type of anorgasmia you are having is acquired anorgasmia, which means that you used to have orgasms, but now experience difficulty reaching climax.

This is most commonly due to psychological factors such as stress, depression, or anxiety which play a role in the ability to orgasm. However consultation with a doctor to rule out physical causes (such as medical diseases like diabetes or side effects of medication, or gynecological causes) is required before looking into psychological causes.

The prognosis is good if this is due to stress or anxiety, and with decrease in the stress your anorgasmia will also resolve.

Take care.