Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I'am a 49 yr.old women that has all of sudden has stopped

Customer Question

I'am a 49 yr.old women that has all of sudden has stopped haven orgasams and can't figure out why ,Up to about 2-weeks ago I was having 6-8 day with my boyfriend,he is wonderful the best I every have I was married for 28 yrs.than divorced than dated for a year and ahalf than I left him do to no feelings in May.In late June I meet Charlie he is a real gentleman I have never had a man treat me or talk to me like he does.the first 4weeks were out of this world now nothing I used to squarm,I can't even come close to a climax.He can't perform just yet he is working on that he has tried a couple of times when he was hard but he lost it ,has soon as he he took a couple of storkes .when we started out he was fingering me it is comfortable and he still does it but I don't do eanything I do get wet but that is it can you help us Please ....HE is 69 I'am I like said 49 to us age does not matter and he is working on his little problem and now I have mine one night when we first got togother he made me have 13 orgasms.and they were awsome but now I had not had one for awhile-2months.Is an orgasm cause by stress? or what again please help..Thank You Darlene
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, stress certainly can affect the ability of a woman to achieve orgasm, but there are a variety of other possible causes. The most common medical conditions that can adversely affect orgasms are certain problem metabolic conditions, such as diabetes or thyroid disease, and any condition that affects the nerve supply to the genitalia. Nerve problems can be either a problem that affects many nerves, such as a neuropathy or inflammatory condition, or a condition that affects only the nerve to the genitalia, such as degenerative disease of the spine.

There are also a variety of substances that can affect orgasms, both recreational substances, such as alcohol, and prescription drugs, with the more common drugs being blood pressure medicines and antidepressants.

In addition to stress, there are also other psychologic conditions that can cause a woman to not orgasms, with the other common condition being depression.

In a woman with new onset of difficulty achieving orgasms and no obvious cause, such as a recently started medicine, it would be appropriate to see your doctor for a general evaluation.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any clarification.