Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have lived with constipation all of my life. Have had

Customer Question

I have lived with constipation all of my life. Have had laparoscopy and Colin surgeries to find a possible blockage and had no results. Over the counter lax. Cause me great discomfort with diaria and painful gas. I am thinking of taking a supplement with Cascara sagagrada capsules 1-2 daily. This is a cleansing capsule and I have heard good things about these, but again I am concerned about sevear gas/cramps.Would you suggest I take these.. Maybe just start with 1per day instead of the recommendation of 2?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

It may be helpful for you to try the Cascara capsules. If you try that product I agree to try one a day for 7 to 10 days then depending on your response may wish to try 2/day...

You may have tried the product Miralax.I have had many patients with chronic constipation benefit from this but is usually for short term. Some patients do well on regimens of using this every third day or every other day....

Another possible idea would be trial of prescription for AMITIZA .You may consult your doctor or gastroenterologist as to this idea ....

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD