Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Six weeks ago I had sinus issues and extremely bad post

Customer Question

Six weeks ago I had sinus issues and extremely bad post nasal drip, so bad I was choking on it and I also on both sides of my tongue soreness and it looked liked a line of tiny cuts on both sides of my tongue, I was put on antibiotic for ten days and had gone on vacation and mid way thru my vacation finished the antibiotic, then when I got home from vacation the soreness of both sides of my tongue were still there, I suffer from extremely bad health anxiety for which I have been on Zoloft at 150mg dose for about 6 months or so. About three weeks ago the sides of my tongue began to get inflamed and still sore and with thin the last couple of weeks my tongue has been sore, I have had very bad dry mouth all day, I had gone to the doctor a week and half ago and saw a NP and she said it looked viral, then about four days after that I went to the dentist because it's been years since I have been there and I have a cavity which may need root canal and I go back in a couple of days to see and also to see two specialists, one about the root canal and one to see about my gums because I also have some gingivitis. Yesterday I went to the doctor again and saw the one I always see and he felt all my lymph nodes and said everything was good, he looked at my tongue all around my mouth and within the last couple of days I have had like these little whiteish things appear which the doctor saw, it's almost like swollen taste buds, he said it wasn't anything worrisome and that it was inflamed tongue and prescribed what is called magic mouthwash to be used four times a day and told me to take Prevacid twice a day instead of the one time a day because about two weeks ago at two separate episodes of extremely bad acid reflux which felt like I was having a heart attack and had what he said was acid brash or water brash because my mouth was watering with both those episodes. I am so worried that this is some type of disease like cancer, Sjögren's syndrome, burning mouth disease but he told me that it was inflamed tongue. Can someone help me?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I think we have talked before.

This sounds familiar.

I believe your doctor is correct.

And that you have an anxiety problem if I recall.

What is your question about this situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you opt out for another expert please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can someone please help me with this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can someone please help me??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is anyone there?????