Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
20638885

Been having a lot of symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Waiting on

Customer Question

Been having a lot of symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Waiting on blood work. Main complaint was shortness of breath. Anti anxiety meds didn't work. Was given propranolol and with the first pill I started feeling terrible. Took a shower and had red splotches all over chest. It's like the medicine triggered something and set it in motion somehow. It's very bizarre.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am Dr.Amita and I would be helping you today.

The expert you requested is not available to answer your question and after waiting for him to answer the question has been opened for other experts to answer.

You may have developed an allergic reaction to the propranolol which has caused skin eruptions as well as making you feel abnormal.

You should get to ER if you have any trouble breathing or if you face is swelling or is getting swollen as that may interfere with breathing.

If you have normal breathing without any face swelling you should take an anti allergic like Benadryl or cetrizine to counteract allergy.

I would be happy to assist if you need any further assistance in the matter.