DrHoellering
DrHoellering, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor of internal and general medicine self employed
61885400

My son had a meltdown today and when I was restraining m he

Customer Question

My son had a meltdown today and when I was restraining him he kicked me full force in the throat I felt like I was choking and then after about two hours I had an awful pain in my neck and I couldn't swallow properly or move my neck through the pain, after the pain subsided a few minutes later I felt ok, my throat is sore and feels swollen a little plus my voice is a little bit croaky now, should I be concerned
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrHoellering replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am sorry to read that.

It is understandable that a bruised throat hurts; the swelleng affects the vocal cords, too. But the acute danger is over now, you don't have to be concerned about yourself. It will be getting better every hour. Only if you get the feeling that your are gertting short of breath, you should see a doctor as soon as possible (I don't think this will happen).

I am concerned about your son, though. He could have injured you seriously, and he has to learn that there are borders he should not pass.

I wish you all the best!

How are you doing now? Is everything ok with your breath?

You have read my answer but didn't give a positive rating yet. Is something still not clear? Feel free to ask!

Otherwise please hit the positive (hopefully excellent) feedback button for me, because only then I will receive credit for my help. Thank you!