Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

PSEUDOMONAS CELLULITIS --GROIN AREA -- LENGTH OF INFECTION

Customer Question

PSEUDOMONAS CELLULITIS --GROIN AREA -- LENGTH OF INFECTION WITH TREMENT -- TREMENT REQUIRED
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

The duration of treatment for Pseudomonas cellulitis can vary, depending upon the severity of the infection and the sensitivity of the germ to antibiotics. A common duration of treatment would be for 7-10 days. A minor infection can be treated for 5-7 days. And a cellulitis that is slow to respond will typically need a longer duration of treatment.

It is important to note that the Pseudomonas is a type of germ for which resistance or decreased sensitivity is more common compared to many other common germs that cause cellulitis. However, the treatment can be extended, as necessary, to assure that the infection is completely treated.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Please let me know if any further information would be helpful.